Monday, August 13, 2012

I Love the Rain


In spite of the mountains of documents and endless emails that I have yet to read, address, and sort out, I wasted few minutes today at work staring outside my office window at the silent rain falling outside. I’ve always loved rain, there’s a certain calming about it that comforts like a cozy blanket. This seems contrary to most songs and poems that typically speak of pleasant sunny days and gloomy rainy days. Plus, some may think it odd that someone born and raised in the “Sunshine State” like me must like the actually the sun over the rain. I suspect that if I packed up and moved to somewhere like Seattle where rainy days outnumber sunny ones, my opinion would change to wanting more sun. But I suppose that’s what gives value to simple pleasures, the fact that it’s not of great abundance and so we cherish them even more.



Which brings me to the question, what simple pleasures do you value? What moments in your life do you find comforting? Please post your pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment